How accessing NDIS disability services can help you live independently?
The NDIS is socially responsive and reliable. It assists people with a disability to make them independent. The NDIS support coordination offers different ways to overcome your disability. Here in this blog, we will discuss the NIDS supports and services through which people can be more skillful and able to do their daily tasks and activities independently.
How to recognize your goals before getting any disability service by the NDIS?
Start by concentrating on small actions and goals. These might be something you can perform during your NDIS plan.
People with a disability can use the following questions to start thinking about their goals:
- What comes to mind when you think of being comfortable and living a good life? What do you notice? Does anything require adjusting so that you can have your desired life?
- What do you see in the future? How would you like something to be?
- What is performing well in your life now? How do we maintain these things?
- What is not working well in your life now? What needs to happen to change this? How do you think we could improve the situation?
- What things are essential for you right now?
- Are you considering any of the following for increasing your employability:
- education, vocation or training courses
- community or group participation
- new skills including learning to utilise public transport and other daily activities and routines
- How do you plan to increase your involvement in social activities?
- Are you interested in social activities now? For example, playing a sport etc.
- Do you want to be more active?
These are some questions that you must consider before becoming a participant of NDIS support coordination.
Different supports to help you overcome your disability
The NDIS provides different ways to overcome your disability, they are:
- Core Support
- Household Tasks
- STA (Short-Term Accommodation)
- Support Coordination
Now, we are going to discuss these supports and services briefly:
The NDIS Core Support is one of the NDIS’s three support budgets. The additional two are Capital Support and Capacity Building Support. Core Supports help people with everyday tasks, activities, and the necessary support they require to live their lives and attain their goals. This support and service includes things like house cleaning if the person’s disability prevents them from cleaning the house, and providing support workers to attend to the NDIS participant on their shopping trip.
The NDIS household tasks supply the participant with support from experienced NDIS providers in household tasks and activities. The NDIS-trained support workers will assist with all kinds of essential household tasks that you need. This kind of support and service is created to boost your daily independence while also allowing you to develop the skills required to carry out a range of household activities. The NDIS support coordination will assist of:
- Changing bed linen
- Vacuuming and washing floors
- Essential ironing
- Meal preparation
- General house maintenance
Whether the participant requires physical help with these tasks or simply somebody to manage as they build on their skills and independence, NDIS household tasks will provide additional support in daily life and allow you to live more independently each day.
Short Term Accommodation is an NDIS support for people with disability who require to live out of the home for a short period. Short Term Accommodation budget can be utilized for respite to support the participant and their carers.
A short stay away from home:
- offers you the opportunity to try new things
- can be an opportunity to make new friends or create new skills
- may assist in keeping your everyday living situation
Short Term Accommodation may suit your requirements if your regular support network is not unrestricted for a short period.
Short Term Accommodation includes:
- personal care
- activities you and the provider decide to
Things that we can build through the NDIS support coordination are:
- Create a circle of help around your precise conditions.
- Support to guide your NDIS Plan
- Link you with the NDIS providers that allow you to attain your goals
- Support you with anything unpredictable that might occur along the way.
PSS offers NDIS support coordination and is a platform where you can get different types of assistance to perform your daily activities and tasks. Explore our website and learn about our support and services.